RN Emergency Department Float Pool – All Locations – Evenings
Florida Hospital seeks to hire an Experienced Emergency Department Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
When an emergency arises, it’s comforting to know that unsurpassed care is right around the corner. The Florida Hospital Emergency Department offers 24-hour on-call physician coverage for emergency and trauma specialties, including general and thoracic surgery, orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery, cardiology, pediatrics, internal medicine and more. In addition, the Chest Pain Center teams at many of our locations are uniquely trained to stop a heart attack in minutes, when treatment is most crucial to saving lives. Further setting us apart is the level of comprehensive attention we strive to provide just minutes after walking through the door. You will experience advanced clinical care delivered with compassion and coordinated communication to patients and family members.
Emergency Department Staffing Pool for Central Florida Locations:
- East Orlando
- Lake Mary
- Winter Park
- Winter Garden
- Full Time Evenings – (shifts may vary from campus to campus)
- Float to at least 3 locations
- Incentive: $2 per hour float differential
*$10,000 Sign-on Bonus and Relocation of $2500 or $5000 available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
As an Emergency Department Registered Nurse with Florida Hospital, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a faith-based atmosphere. The RN is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Three years of Emergency Department experience (preferred)
- ED Internship (preferred)
- ENPC, TNCC, and/or CEN (preferred)
- BSN, or MSN (preferred)
- Computer Skills (preferred)
- Bilingual (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with departmental and hospital policy.
- Completes assessments and reassessments, including pain scale, response to medication / interventions. Assesses for and intervenes when abuse or neglect suspected.
- Performs treatments and administers medications. Anticipates needs and plan of care and responds appropriately. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Interprets and verifies physician’s orders correctly. Demonstrates ability to assess and interpret data relative to patient age (all age groups) and takes appropriate action. Investigates concerns or challenges and offers suggestions for improvement / correction. Identifies patient teaching needs and utilizes opportunities for teaching. Provides thorough and concise discharge instructions.
- Supports performance improvement initiatives and Clinical Best Practice / Core measures initiatives (ACS, CAP, Brain Attack, etc.)
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces infection prevention and safety regulations.
- Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by AIDET, keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, & concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
Apply online at: http://www.floridahospitalcareers.com/job/7089717/rn-emergency-department-float-pool-all-locations-evenings-orlando-fl/
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Registered Nurse Emergency Float Pool opportunity with Florida Hospital and apply online today.
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.