Registered Nurse – Lake Mary – Emergency Room – Per Diem – Nights
Florida Hospital Lake Mary ER seeks to hire a Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital Altamonte Profile
Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named ‘Best Hospital’ for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents. As the largest satellite campus within the Florida Hospital system, Florida Hospital Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973. The 377-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
The Florida Hospital Lake Mary Emergency Room (ER) is an extension of our Florida Hospital Altamonte Campus – located just north of Orlando. The 18,000-square-foot facility features state-of-the-art emergency healthcare serving the residents of Seminole County. The 24-bed ER includes an urgent care track to diagnose and treat non-emergent cases more efficiently, an observation unit to closely monitor care for up to 24 hours, and offers emergent care with a helicopter pad onsite. We are proud to be revolutionizing healthcare with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
Work Hours & Shifts
*Sign on bonus up to $10,000 for experienced external applicants (subject to availability). Relocation allowance between $2,500-$6,500. See Terms Below
As a Registered Nurse with Florida Hospital Lake Mary ER, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a faith-based atmosphere. The Emergency Department Registered Nurse is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care to all age groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) to achieve the goals of the nursing and emergency departments. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
NOTE: If floating to a non-ED unit, or caring for inpatient patients holding in the ED, RN must meet requirements for PCU RNs (see generic Nursing RN job description) and work under the scope of practice of the generic Nursing RN job description and unit competencies.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- ACLS and BLS
- Must have 1 year of recent ED Experience OR 2 years of Critical Care Nursing Experience OR 2 years of experience as a licensed paramedic and currently working as paramedic in field or emergency department
- ENPC, TNCC (preferred)
- CEN (preferred)
- ED internship program (preferred)
- Computer skills (preferred)
- Bilingual (preferred)
- BSN (preferred)
- MSN (preferred)
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program booklet.
- Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with departmental and hospital policy.
- Completes assessments and reassessments, including pain scale, response to medication / interventions. Assesses for and intervenes when abuse or neglect suspected.
- Performs treatments and administers medications. Anticipates needs and plan of care and responds appropriately. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Interprets and verifies physician’s orders correctly. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient age (all age groups) and takes appropriate action. Investigates concerns or challenges and offers suggestions for improvement / correction. Identifies patient teaching needs and utilizes opportunities for teaching. Provides thorough and concise discharge instructions.
- Supports performance improvement initiatives and Clinical Best Practice / Core measures initiatives (ACS, CAP, Brain Attack, etc.)
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces infection prevention and safety regulations.
- Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by AIDET, keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, & concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of Florida Hospital non-waived Point of Care training.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
Apply online at: http://www.floridahospitalcareers.com/job/7082975/rn-emergency-lake-mary-per-diem-nights-altamonte-springs-fl/
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Registered Nurse job opportunity with Florida Hospital Lake Mary ER and apply online today!
Hiring Incentive Details:
- RN must have 1 year of recent unit related experience
- Candidate must live more than 50 miles from ‘601 E Rollins, Orlando, FL’
- Rehires that are less than 12 months from separation date are NOT eligible
- Full-time 18 month employment contract with hiring unit required (Candidates that leave Florida Hospital prior to completion of the contract owe back the full amount received. Transfers to other departments will forfeit any unpaid amounts.)
- Relocation allowance is based on location zone assignment