Gallagher MSA Search is pleased to assist Missouri Baptist Medical Center (BJC Healthcare), located in St. Louis, MIssouri, in the exclusive retained search for the position of Director of Perioperative Services
A regional leader, Missouri Baptist Medical Center is a Magnet® designated hospital recognized for its nursing excellence and quality patient care. The first hospital in St. Louis County to receive the Magnet® recognition, it is also ranked #2 in the St. Louis metropolitan area (behind its sister hospital Barnes-Jewish Hospital) by U.S. News & World Report. This acute-care hospital has 480 staffed beds, more than 2,600 employees, and is part of BJC HealthCare, one of the largest nonprofit healthcare organizations in the country and based out of St. Louis, with locations throughout the region in southern Illinois and mid-Missouri. It has annual net revenues of $4.3 billion and more than 27,000 employees.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Missouri Baptist high-performing in eight specialties including aortic valve surgery, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), colon cancer surgery, congestive heart failure (CHF), heart bypass surgery, hip replacement, knee replacement, and lung cancer surgery; and
- Missouri Baptist participates in the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.
The Director of Perioperative Services at Missouri Baptist Medical Center represents an opportunity to join a premier healthcare system and a national leader in healthcare quality as its strategic and operational leader of the Perioperative Services departments, which includes the Surgical Evaluation Center, pre-op, post-op, PACU, and central sterile processing. Highlights of the position and service line:
- Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, this Director will lead and impact hospital operations;
- A leader in healthcare delivery innovation and quality, Missouri Baptist has launched a full Surgical Home with Advance Practice Providers coordinating medical and postoperative surgical care;
- With an exceptionally collaborative team, Missouri Baptist is known for its workplace culture that provides the support and resources to drive for success;
- State of the art facilities and talented OR staff and surgeons complete 16,000 cases annually through 21 ORs that include a Cysto Room, Endovascular Room, DaVinci Rooms, and with most rooms including video integration;
- Excellent patient experience scores for outpatient surgery; and
- Business manager, IT, and analytics support embedded within the department.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Perioperative Services at Missouri Baptist will:
- Possess a strong background in LEAN principles, quality, and performance improvement;
- Have a track record of success engaging and leading large, complex teams in a changing environment;
- Be a natural collaborator who aspires to work with other departments within the hospital and system;
- Have a proven history developing leaders;
- Possess a strong business acumen with the ability and drive to strategically grow a service line;
- Be a visible leader who leads through building strong relationships with key stakeholders, including physicians, nurses, hospital leadership, peers, and staff;
- Demonstrate strong relationships with physicians and engage them as strategic customers;
- Have experience delivering high value surgical care while managing labor and supply;
- Possess a mastery of the clinical processes within surgical services; and
- Have a master’s degree, preferably in business or health administration,
This search is being led by Jenny Jordan, JD, Consultant, Gallagher MSA Search Interested candidates, or those wishing to share referrals, please contact Emily Perkins, Senior Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-513-0158.