Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognizedeach year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
Cardiovascular Invasive Technician I - Pediatric Cath Lab - Full-Time Days - Duke University Hospital
Department Profile: The Pediatric Cardiac Cath Lab at Duke University Hospital is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time. Applicant will have the opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art pediatric and congenital cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology lab. Procedure rooms due to be completely renovated this year. Excellent team of nurses and techs dedicated to the care of patients with adult and congenital heart disease.
Pediatric experience preferred.
The Cardiac Catheterization and Electrophysiology Lab Tech assists physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac and peripheral vascular disease and cardiacarrhythmias is in the Peds Cath/EP Lab specializing in the care of patients undergoing PTCA, stent placement, IABP placement and EP devices and ablations. With increased experience provides resource and mentoring to new staff while exhibiting enhanced technical skills. andperipheral vascular disease. -
- Basic EP procedure may include any of the following; EP studies,implantation of pacemake r,ICD, BIVICD and ablations.
- Operation of the physiologic and radiographic equipment in a safe andefficient manner.
- Maintain high standards to achieve quality patient care.
- Keep critical skills current.
- Crosstraining to all labs (Mobile, Pediatric and Fixed Cardiac CathLabs and EP as applicable) is strongly encouraged.
- Patient transportation, good communication and evaluation of patient status during the procedure, provide age and gender specific care, prep access site according to lab standard practice, and perform EKG lead placement, blood pressure and pulse oximetry setup forhemodynamic monitoring.
Monday – Thursday; 10 hrs/day; call requirement.
- A graduate of an associate or baccalaureate academic program in health science (including, but not limited to, cardiovascular technology, ultrasound, radiologic technology or respiratory therapy)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification required within 6 months of employment (Adult Cath, Adult EP, & Hybrid OR only).
- Duke employees in the CVIS job classification as of January 1, 2016 who were not eligible for certification will be exempt from the certification requirements of the CVIS I. See ladder document for additional information.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.