Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2105038062
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Assists nursing service personnel with a variety of patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
Assists with personal hygiene, takes vital signs and changes bed linens.
May serve and collect food trays, provide for between-meal nourishment, and clean, sterilize, store and prepare other supplies.
Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
1. Provides direct patient care under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
2. Assists each assigned patient as needed in bathing, grooming, oral care, feeding and ambulation.
3. Checks patients regularly. Ensures food delivery and sets up trays for patient's convenience. Feeds patients when necessary and considers patient's ability to chew and swallow. Ensures that fresh water and nourishment are provided regularly when appropriate.
4. Consistently performs oral care as needed. Brushes teeth and observes oral mucosa.
5. Removes and cleans dentures and/or partials. Provides a labeled receptacle for storage.
6. Answers call lights in a timely basis.
7. Consistently uses Nurse Locator System.
8. Orients assigned patient to his/her room on admission. Explains the operation of bed, call and emergency lights, television, and storage of safe for valuables or sends them home with family.
9. Takes and records on the interview portion of admission card all vital signs, height, weight, and allergies.
10. Follows procedures for specimen collection, labeling accurately, and timely routing to Laboratory.
11. Demonstrates accuracy when taking temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height and weight.
12. Documents and accurately maintains intake and output.
13. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of universal precaution, infection control and isolation procedures. At all times adheres to policies and procedures as outlined in the Procedures Manual. Washes hands before and after patient contact.
14. Demonstrates competence in assisting RNs and physicians in medical treatments as defined by Hospital policy.
15. Assists in planning, providing and evaluating patient care as a member of the nursing team.
16. Provides patient teaching as directed by R.N.
17. Assists with pre-operative and post-operative care:
a) Position patient
b) Lifts and turns patient with proper body mechanics
c) Applies/utilizes special equipment as necessary and ambulates patient.
18. Provides for safe care of patient transfers. Assumes responsibility for bagging, labeling, and routing all patient belongings with each transfer, including: glasses, dentures, clothing, etc. Documents belongings on Section I of the IPA.
19. Assumes responsibility for sending home all personal belongings with each discharged patient.
20. Refers to R.N. or reference manuals as a resource when unfamiliar with assigned tasks or procedures.
21. Regularly identifies potential problems or areas of improvement and communicates such to R.N.
22. Regularly discusses patient car with R.N.
23. Reports and records as necessary any change observed in condition or behavior of patient; contributes to nursing care plan.
24.Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment by immediately reporting any defective equipment or other problems to the Charge Nurse.
25. Cleans equipment and prepares it for disinfection.
26. Receives inventories and stocks supplies as appropriate.
27. Establishes and maintains n interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel.
28. Assures confidentiality of patient information.
29. Attends in-service education programs as assigned to learn new treatments, procedures, developmental skills, etc.
30. Employs proper techniques of body mechanics to ensure patient and staff safety at all times.
31. BLS card is current and renewed annually prior to expiration date.
32. Recognizes the need and initiates BLS appropriately.
33. Demonstrates the ability to perform in a precise and accurate manner during a crisis and emergency situations.
34. Performs all other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
A. Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Knowledge necessary to obtain C.N.A. license in the state of California and current C.N.A. certification. Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
B. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Recent acute care experience.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Nursing Assistants and PCA
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.