Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner Baywood Medical Center has served the growing East Valley for more than 30 years, and every day we work hard to provide the best care to our patients. Our unrelenting focus on excellent patient care has helped us become one of the most preferred hospitals in the East Valley.
Banner Baywood Medical Center is a 332-bed hospital serving the health care needs of the dynamic and growing East Valley communities of metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona. We provide complete acute care services including cancer, stroke, women's health, rehabilitation, emergency medicine and surgery. In addition, our orthopedic unit has earned repeated recognition as having one of the Top 100 Orthopaedic Programs in the U.S. by The Health Network and HCIA, Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY This position applies specialized knowledge to assess, develop, implement, and develop patient care plans for a specific patient population. Integrates specialized knowledge into patient and staff education, consultation, and coaching to enhance and develop patient care for a specialized patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Manages and influences the quality of patient outcomes and clinical care through application of specialized knowledge. Collaborates with staff to integrate quality and cost improvements in clinical care.
2. Provides specialty focused nursing consultation on complex patient cases. Evaluates patient needs and makes recommendations for treatment, implements interventions, and evaluates outcomes.
3. Serves as a specialized clinical resource to patients, families and staff to advance the quality of care.
4. Identifies opportunities for staff development and learning through formal and informal training and education, as appropriate.
5. Stays current on developments within area of specialty and integrates findings into practice, policies, and procedures.
6. Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Interacts with other health care providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information. Also works with clergy to provide spiritual support. Synthesizes and prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the human response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a bachelor's degree in nursing, healthcare or related field.
Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Requires current certification in specialty area of practice such as wound/ostomy care, diabetic care, or pain management.
Must possess a strong knowledge of specialty area as normally demonstrated through 2-3 years of experience in the clinical area of specialty. Requires critical thinking skills to assess patient needs and opportunities for staff education. Must have effective verbal and written communication and education skills, good organizational and facilitation capabilities, and strong leadership and mentoring skills. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Master's degree in nursing preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.