Nursing careers are better at Banner Health. We are committed to developing the careers of our team members. We care about you, your nursing career today and your future. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? apply today.????
As a Clinical Navigator for Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS), you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our PACU department. This position is full-time within Monday- Friday for an experienced PreOp/PACU RN to assist post-surgical patients at Banner Desert Medical Center and Banner Ocotillo Medical Center.
If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please visit the main job search page and under the Job Type filter, select New Nurse Experience.
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Children's Hospital at Desert If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Banner Children's Hospital at Desert in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY The primary purpose of this position is to assist and coordinate the overall development and clinical care of the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) Program; to act as a clinical resource to patients, families and physicians; and to triage calls, including relate patient inquiry with the specialty physician, or according to established written protocols.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Participates in establishing policies, procedures, protocols and standards for the program. Participates in program and budgetary planning that involves cost containment, procedure costing, and billing questions for the program. Meets with physician/manager/director advising him/her of operations status, pending problems, and to collaborate on projects. Facilitates meetings routinely with program personnel to disseminate information; demonstrates knowledge of standards and regulations of applicable regulating and accrediting agencies and ensures their enforcement and compliance.
2. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of all equipment, hard/software needs, procedures and protocols of the program in order to accurately respond to staff and physician questions. Attends all mandatory in-service training programs and meetings.
3. Effectively communicates with physicians, patients, families, and staff regarding scheduling, procedural, clinical questions. Maintains a database of all patients seen in the Valve Program. Assists with data collection involved for registry maintenance purposes.
4. Works as a liaison between Program Directors, Departments, Hospital, and other outside entities. Demonstrates patient advocacy, which assures patients??? rights to privacy and confidentiality. Helps in coordination of program promotion. Ensures that referrals and authorizations cover ordered treatments and assists in procuring test and treatment authorizations and results.
5. Coordinates patient treatment scheduling for new patients including acquiring patient records and diagnostic information. Coordinates physician appointments and diagnostic procedures to ensure efficient patient scheduling. Facilitates visit planning and treatment processes including coordinating patient treatment scheduling for new patients; ensuring that referrals and authorizations cover the treatment; obtaining and verifying pre-certification and concurrent review; acquiring patient records diagnostic information; arranging emergency admissions; organizing physician appointment and diagnostic procedures.
6. Utilizing advanced clinical knowledge communicates with physician and/or Nurse Practitioner of medical related calls. Responds to patient, staff and provider requests, phone calls and inquires. Follows up and documents timely, accurately and appropriately.
7. Provides patient and family education and service support functions such as coordinating and conducting new patient education, preparing patients for procedures, treatments and special interventions, assisting patients to understand treatment options, and attending patient care conferences. Provides orientation to new patients and families including education on planned treatments, appointment and procedure scheduling, general facilities and other available patient/family resources. Provides ongoing education to patients and families regarding planned new treatments or diagnostic procedures. Supports clinic staff with education activities as needed to ensure effective patient care.
8. Works independently to provide excellent patient care. Internal customers include patients, clinical staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family and community organizations.
Current RN License in the State of Arizona and current CPR certification required.
Requires a minimum of three years of specialty clinical nursing experience. Requires strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a good working knowledge of the principles and practices of nursing. Requires the ability to perform comprehensive nursing assessments; the ability to provide teaching and counseling to patients and families, as well as good leadership skills; the ability to function as an interdisciplinary team member in the delivery of patient care; the ability to communicate effectively with patients, medical staff and other health care professionals; the abilities to problem solve, set priorities, to be self-motivated and work independently is also essential. Knowledge of managed health care systems is desirable.
Experience in operating PC computer systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Experience with SCM, IDX, and other cardiology applications desirable. Preferred qualifications include a BSN, disease management experience; ambulatory care experience, bilingual (English/Spanish) skills and telephone triage skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.