Registered Nurse GI Endoscopy Lab (Sign On Bonus Available)
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2005748
Registered Nurse, GI Endo Lab (One Hundred Oaks)
The Registered Nurse, GI Endoscopy Lab appliesthe nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning.
The department consists of procedure rooms, preoperative holding rooms, a post anesthesia care unit, pre-admission assessment and testing clinic and a postoperative recovery area.
We strive to improve patient outcomes reflect the quality of our systems, outstanding teamwork, and effective engagement with patients, caregivers, and our community.You will join a team with great comradery among staff members, great relationships with surgeons, and be in an environment where you can learn and grow due to the three rotational areas (Triage, Surgery and Recovery) in which you will be exposed.
Vanderbilt is a leader in treating digestive disorders. We use the most advanced techniques and technology in the region. Our pioneering research, highly trained providers and dedicated staff have led U.S. News and World Report to rank us among the top 25 digestive disease centers in America.
Our diagnostic and treatment center is absolutely state-of-the-art. Our highly specialized physicians and advanced nurse practitioners are experts in diagnosing and treating digestive disorders. We work with other specialists at Vanderbilt to find the best treatments for our patients, so you can count on receiving excellence in complete care here.
Registered Nurse sign on bonus:
$20,000 sign on bonus to eligible candidate*
*Registered Nurse Sign On Bonus Eligibility Requirements:
The sign on bonus is available for full-time Registered Nurse positions.
This sign on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past two years.
The installment will be paid out in one lump sum installment after 60 days of employment
Position Shift: Full-Time; Days. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Collaborates in establishing the plan of care, coordinates and implements care delivery while anticipating patient care needs across the continuum.
Analyzes comprehensive information pertinent to the patient's care and management to determine nursing diagnosis.
Continually utilizes the nursing process to evaluate patient's progress towards goals and applies appropriate interventions to ensure effective outcomes.
Employs strategies to promote health and a safe and healthy environment.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
NURSING PATIENT ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the ability to assess and evaluate patients in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Conducts primary care patient interviews and physical examinations. Demonstrates sufficient acumen to recognize problems, ask questions and to contact the patient's primary care provider and other members of the healthcare team. Has experience in gathering pertinent clinical data that aid in referral, treatment, or other primary care pathways.
CARE PLANNING (NOVICE):- Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously by prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
NURSING PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency in providing patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully search for evidence to answer clinical questions. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.