Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2205023538-1
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
The Cath Lab Holding Room nurse functions to admit, recover and discharge patients that are schedule on the cath lab schedule. The holding room nurse works within the Nursing scope of practice to ensure patient safety and adheres to departmental standards
1. Uses the charts prepared by the Pre-Op nurse
2. Prior to contacting physician office staff contacts RNC / Pre-op Nurse to obtain needed information
3. Recognizes and utilizes the chain of command
4. Courteously greets and directs patients and their family.
5. Provides direct patient care with complete thorough assessments, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting individual patient needs, actions taken and to promote superior outcome.
6. Maintains an orderly, efficient and timely flow of patients.
7. Administers medications and treatments safely using two patient identifiers and the five rights of medication administration.
8. Prioritizes tasks and adjust priorities when necessary.
9. Accepts and supports changes in work assignments as related to department and patient needs.
10. Works with physicians to facilitate quality patient care.
11. Understands and interprets physicianâ��s orders; reviews lab values, EKGâ��s and x-ray reports.
12. Follows policies, procedures, and standards for hospital.
13. Performs competently in emergency situations.
14. Identifies and meets patient and family learning and discharge needs on admission and throughout stay using the approved Fountain Valley Hospital discharge protocol.
15. For all non-English speaking patients, uses the Cyracom Language line for interpretation of general medical or other instructional items, including consent, as maybe required in lifting the language barriers.
16. Confers with RNC / Nursing Supervisor / Director as it relates to patient care outcomes.
17. Interacts on a continuous basis with other departments
18. Demonstrates good organizational skills
19. Provides safe and appropriate patient care.
20. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills
21. Maintains positive communication and relationships with patients, peers and other healthcare team members in a professional manner.
22. Possess the ability to work as member of a team and to prioritize responsibilities
23. Assists in orientation of new staff or students and serve as a resource person and professional role model.
24. Rhythm interpretation and the understanding of procedures performed in the Cath Lab, interventional radiology setting.
25. Maintains patient confidentiality as it pertains to HIPPA.
26. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
27. Maintains a punctual and reliable attendance record.
28. Completes mandatory in-services, competencies, .edu, and annual CME licensure requirements on time.
1. Ensures accurate charging of patient medications and inventory maintenance of medications through Pyxis
2. Completes other duties as assigned
3. Ensures timeliness of patient preparation for procedures.
4. Ensures patients are discharged from PBAR
5. Maintains necessary stock / equipment
6. Notifies Bio-Med with any equipment malfunction according to policy.
Critical Care or Emergency Room background; ability to identify and interpret ECG Rhythms, knowledge of hemodynamic monitoring, knowledge of cardiac medications
Current CA Nursing License; RN; BSN preferred
12 Lead EKG interpretations required. NIHSS certification within 6 weeks of hire.
The qualified candidate must be a graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse program, possess a current CA RN license and have a least with 3 years healthcare experience, preferably 2 years working in Critical Care or ED or PACU, Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification, extensive knowledge of the care of the cardiovascular patient, and cardiovascular medications. Current knowledge and skills appropriate to age/type of patient population served. 3 years working in telemetry will be considered.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.