Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Anesthetizes patients undergoing surgical, medical, obstetrical, diagnostic, psychiatric, or resuscitative procedures either by general, regional, or monitored anesthesia. Functions under the administrative guidelines of the Department of Surgical Services, and under the medical direction of the attending anesthesiologists of the Department of Anesthesiology
1. Assesses patient pre-operatively in a timely and efficient manner. This includes performance of history and physical, development of anesthesia plan of care, documentation of assessment and plan, explanation of care, risks and benefits to patient and family, assembly of equipment and drugs. Meets annual departmental quality metrics for turnover times, on-time starts and QI submissions.
2. Attends continuing education and professional meetings, participates in institutional and departmental committees, and contributes to the clinical learning experience of other health care professionals.
3. Contributes to performance improvement. Evaluates problem areas, plans and implements measures to assure improvement in patient outcomes, assists in collection of data and participates in Impact Care activities.
4. Maintains anesthesia records, Impact Care reports and other documents in a legible manner
5. Provides anesthesia. This includes performs ASA-approved checklist of equipment, provides safe environment for patient, administers anesthesia in accordance with the Department of Anesthesiology standards of care, places appropriate lines and monitors, adjusts care and notifies appropriate personnel in abnormal situations, transports patient at the end of the case, reports pertinent information, documents anesthesia care.
* Completion of a Nurse Anesthesia program accredited by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
* Certified or eligible for certification by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetist.
* Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCH Internal Agency Program
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email email@example.com if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.