$10,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Under general supervision of the ASC Director and OR manager and under direct supervision of the OR Charge Nurse, the Staff Registered Nurse (RN), is responsible for the safety of the patient while in the OR (Operating Room) and assists with the supervision of nonprofessional personnel in the area. By assessment of the individual patient and procedure, RN anticipates the needs of the surgical team and provides such services while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment.
- Assesses the health status of the patient in order to develop an individualized plan of care by collecting, categorizing and interpreting data (physical and psychosocial) from documented information, observation, patient/family interview and other health care team members
- Develops a nursing care plan based on the assessment of the patient that included nursing diagnosis, patient goals and nursing interventions necessary to achieve these goals
- Implements the nursing care plan to provide optimal individualized care for the patient
- Instructs the patient and family to assist the patient in the achievement of optimal health status
- Documents nursing activities to provide a permanent record, for continuity of care, quality improvement and professional accountability
- Identifies the patient to ensure that the patient, procedure and operative site correspond
- Plans, supervises, and assists with the transfer and transport of the patient to protect the patient and personnel from injury
- Positions the patient to provide access to the operative site while maximizing patient safety and comfort
- Establishes and maintains a surgically clean environment to reduce the potential for infection by applying the principles of antisepsis, decontamination, disinfection, sanitation, sterilization, and environmental monitoring
- Establishes and maintains a sterile field to reduce potential for infection by teaching and supervising the application of principles of aseptic technique and continual monitoring of the sterile field
- Establishes and maintains a safe environment to protect the patient and the health care team by monitoring the patient (physiologically and psychologically) and the environment and by implementing safety procedures
- Coordinates support services needed during surgery by anticipating and communicating patient and surgical team needs
- Communicates information to patient/family
- Organizes and coordinates supplies, equipment, and team members to maintain an efficient, effective and safe intraoperative environment through ongoing patient and situation assessment, priority setting, procurement of supplies and arrangement of equipment, by teaching, directing, communicating and collaborating with health care team members and support service personnel
- Communicates information to recovery room personnel to promote continuity of care
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care to determine degree of goal attainment by comparing patient outcomes with patient goals
- Evaluates products to determine their safety, effectiveness, use and cost effectiveness
- Executes nursing activities to provide life support in an emergency situation by taking appropriate action and/or providing direction/assistance to health care team members
- Initiates appropriate intraoperative behaviors as a circulator/scrub
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Active Registered Nurse license through the Washington State Department of Health
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- Demonstrated achievement of performance standards for intraoperative nursing according to AORN (Association of perioperative Registered Nurses) standards of practice
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- IV skills or certification
- 2+ years of perioperative nursing experience, i.e. scrubbing and circulating
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.