Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
We are currently seeking Registered Nurses to participate in our Peri-Op 101 - O.R. Training Program! (Starting Mid-Fall 2023!)
Our Peri-Op 101 O.R. Training Program offers novice RNs an excellent opportunity to develop intra-operative clinical and professional skills. In this comprehensive program, you will participate in both classroom and O.R. suite-based training, rotating through various surgical procedures while learning both the scrub and circulating role of an O.R. RN.
Please note: RNs selected for this training program will be asked to give a minimum 3-year dedication to O.R. Nursing at MSK. Trainees will be placed at either the Main Campus O.R. or The Josie Robertson Surgery Center.
Memorial Sloan Kettering's Magnet(r)-recognized Department of Nursing is made up of almost 5,000 highly skilled nursing personnel, including more than 600 nurse practitioners, 40 clinical nurse specialists, and 32 nurse educators. All are dedicated to delivering expert care to people with cancer and their families.
Are you ready to join our dynamic Nursing Team?
- Department of Nursing | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (mskcc.org)
- Willing to take action and eager to accept new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and passion.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development.
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and driving communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- In collaboration with the surgical team, provide clinical nursing care to manage a caseload of surgical patients.
- Perform duties under the direction of the Nurse Leader/Charge Nurse.
- Participate in the implementation of clinical support programs and quality assurance activities to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum.
- NYS RN license; BCLS
- BSN or ASN
- 1 - 2 years of Clinical RN experience preferred, but not required
- Previous Surgi-Center experience a plus
- 10-hour shifts flexed between 7am and 12:00am with weekend rotation required. Rotation to Main Campus O.R. and JRSC O.R., if needed.
We care about you - click to learn more about MSK's benefits.
Benefits | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Please click for information on MSK's compensation philosophy
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.