Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
ChristianaCare is currently hiring for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join the surgical services team at our main campus in Newark, DE. The position involves four 10 hour day shifts. Night and weekend coverage is required a few shifts per year.
The PA or NP will work closely with surgical residents and attending physicians. Care includes performing consultations in the Emergency Department as well as on the floors, hospital admissions and discharges, pre and post-operative care, obtaining pre-operative consents, first assistant duties in the operating room and bedside surgical procedures. The PA or NP will also attend Department of Surgery Educational lectures weekly.
- Generous Continuing Education Time and Allowance
- Substantial PTO plus 12-Week Fully Paid Parental Leave with no wait period
- Opportunities for Career Growth
- 403(b) and Defined Contribution Plan Retirement Options with Employer Match
- Annual Quality Incentive Bonus
- Licensed or eligible for Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license in the state of Delaware
- Acute Care NP license required
- BLS required
- Surgical management experience and/or OR experience preferred