Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The advanced practitioner is responsible for assisting in the care of the patient under the direction of the supervising physician throughout the network. Additionally, the advanced practitioner may be called on to perform history and physical examinations for pre-admission testing and diagnostic studies. As with any other health care professional, the advanced practitioner is charged with being a patient advocate in the health care system.
This is a night shift position to work 12 hour shifts.
- Initial evaluation of medical care patients.
- Assist the supervising physician in the review of all the current diagnostic studies for abnormalities. Return phone calls as indicated to companies requesting information.
- Perform therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as directed by the supervising physician. (See credentials list.)
- Attend appropriate continuing medical education so as to maintain the National Certification and Pennsylvania License.
- All other duties as assigned by the Chief of Emergency Medicine, supervising physicians, and Chief Physician Assistant.
- Adjunct faculty to various college/university programs as clinical instructors.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment and knowledge of growth and development appropriate to the age of the patient treated (neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, or geriatric).
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
- Demonstrates/models the Network's Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
- Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting for up to 3 hours per day and 3 hours at a time. Standing for up to 8 hours per day, 8 hours at a time. Walking for up to 6 hours per day, 1 hour at a time. Frequently fingering, handling, firm grasping and twisting and turning as it relates to operative procedures or assisting in surgery. Rarely lifting, with assistance, up to 100 pounds. Rarely pushing and pulling patients weighing up to 300 pounds in a wheelchair or bed. Occasionally stooping and bending. Seeing as it relates to normal near and far vision, and hearing as it relates to both high and low frequencies.
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner or Medical Physician Assistant with current license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania. Physician Assistants must also have a current certification through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years of experience is desired, preferably in an Emergency Department setting. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!