Location: Meridian, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System at Meridican Hospital in Meridian, ID is seeking a full-time, Night-shift Registered Nurse to join our MedSurg 6 team. When you are here, you are family. It has been an integral part of our culture for as long as anyone here can remember. The safety and well-being of our patients and our team members are at the forefront of everything we do. We are constantly striving toward this by maintaining a positive, supportive, just culture that is focused on achieving the highest quality outcomes for our patients. Over the years, we have found that we build relationships with our team members at work, but we strengthen those bonds outside of the walls of the hospital. Whether it is a seasonal party organize by our R&R committee, or a night on the town with our work family, we make fun a priority. To further support a healthy work/life balance, our nurse managers and our scheduling specialist will work with you to create a schedule that works well for you as well as for the team.
Unit/Position SummaryMeridian Med/Surg 6th floor cares for patients with acute medical, surgical, cardiac, and respiratory conditions. It is a dynamic environment rich with opportunities for learning. Staff is very collaborative and energetic and believes in team work to reach the best patient outcome. The unit is designed to provide high quality, personalized care for patients. We use a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that is patient centered and encourages teamwork between nursing staff, physicians, therapy teams, social work, care coordination, and pharmacists. Opportunities to get med/surg, pain management, ortho, and/or neuro certified.. It is a 42 bed unit has an average nurse/patient ratio of 1:5.
- Medical/Dental/Vision - Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Retirement plans (403b) - No vesting period!
- Paid time off (Vacation, holidays, and short-term disability)
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Air St. Luke's
- Healthy U wellness plan
- Tuition/Certification Reimbursement & Scholarships
- Adoption Reimbursement
- and many more....
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Education: Nursing Degree (BSN preferred)
- Experience: 1+ years of RN experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
*** Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current openings.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
The city of Meridian is a suburb of Boise located approximately 10 miles from downtown Boise. Meridian is a premier place to live and work with just under 90,000 residents. This clean and attractive city is framed by mountains and has a pleasant mild, 4-season climate and excellent commerce. The city offers a wide selection of nearby recreational activities such as skiing, 130 miles of hiking trails and 25 miles of paths which link 850 acres of parks. Meridian offers premier shopping, dining and entertainment.
Learn more about what Meridian and the Treasure Valley has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | City of Meridian | The Village | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.