Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a 0.5 Part time Registered Nurse to join our Post Operative/PACU team working evening shift.
** $5k Sign On Bonus offered for position ** (for new hires)
The Boise PACU is a 31 bed unit that cares for patients recovering from anesthesia. We have a diverse patient population including children to older adults. We are considered a Critical Care Unit and work together as a team to provide exceptional patient care!
Position is .5 FTE (40 hours per pay period). The position will work 5 (8) hour shifts per pay period to meet the FTE requirement. For this position, the worked hours would include shifts ending in the evening no later than 2230, Monday-Friday. The position includes 3-4 call shifts in an 8-week timeframe (either back-up call for the night or evening shift or call to cover the weekends including one summer and one winter holiday). The response time when on-call is 30 minutes.
- Medical/Dental/Vision - Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Retirement plans (403b) - No vesting period!
- Paid time off (Vacation, holidays and short term disability)
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Air St. Luke's
- Healthy U wellness plan
- Tuition/Certification Reimbursement & Scholarships
- Adoption Reimbursement
- and many more....
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's of Nursing Degree
- Experience: 2+ years Med Surg required. 1+ years RN experience in critical care, PACU, or ED highly preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current openings.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.