Sterile Processing Technician - PRN - Ambulatory Surgery Center
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Internal Number: 13335000
Position Summary: The Instrument Technician is responsible for all aspects of instrument care as well as the maintenance of the sterile processing area and proper functioning of sterile processing equipment. The staffing of the Center is based on a teamwork concept. Employees may be cross-trained in other clinical areas and may be expected to perform duties other than their normal ones as staffing and patient needs change.
Responsibilities: 1. Cleans, decontaminates, sterilizes and maintains instruments in good working condition
2. Assures all instrument trays are assembled properly and content is correct
3. Documents and maintains sterilizer load information
4. Documents and maintains sterilizer Biologic testing records
5. Maintains all sterile processing equipment
6. Maintains supply inventory in the scrub sink area
7. Assist with preparation and cleaning of operating rooms between patients
8. Performs other duties as assigned
9. Maintains established Center/departmental policies and procedures
10. Maintains confidentiality of patient and Center related business
11. Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with patients, families, visitors and other Center employees
12. Documents concisely, precisely and accurately on all records or documents as indicated by policy.
13. Participates in Quality Assessment activities as directed for the continuous improvement of patient care and Center business
Special Skills and Knowledge: 1. Care and handling of surgical instruments 2. Use of sterilizers 3. Monitoring the sterilization process 4. Proper loading of the sterilizer 5. Proper handling of sterilized packages 6. Principles of Universal precautions
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.