Are you passionate about Neurosurgery? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, high intensity setting? Are you patient-focused and drawn to practice in a Level I Trauma Center?
If you are, we have the position for you:
Our Neurosurgery department is currently looking for a full-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their dynamic, hardworking team.
Provides specialty health care services in both outpatient and acute care settings for certain acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
Work Schedule: Full Time Rotating, to include nights, holidays. and OR, clinic.
The pay range for this position is: $47.44 - $71.16 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee's contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years' employment.
* Assess and consult on new patients
* Perform Follow-up visits in clinic
* First Assist with some OR exposure
* Obtain patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
* Provide direct treatment and management of health conditions, including use of prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
* Provide counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources.
* Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
* Provide inpatient care to include preoperative, intra-operative, and post-operative services, as well as critical care/intensive care medical management.
* Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
* Minimum Required Education: Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program or Physician Assistant with specialization in area of practice.
* Minimum Experience: Preferred: 2 years of experience in the identified area of expertise.
* Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license by the State Board of Nursing in the state and Full Prescriptive Authority
* Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. Relevant life support certification as determined at position level.
* Appropriate credentialing through Medical Staff Services. Prescriptive authority as appropriate, per medical staff service privileging process.
* Certification by ANCC or AANP, licensing verification by the State Board of Nursing, search of the HSS, EPLS, and DEA systems.
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
About Colorado Springs, CO
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs invites the outdoor adventurists to the cultural enthusiast to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be the home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a population of just over 650,000, Colorado Springs boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.