Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: R0020481
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
University of Minnesota Physicians seeks an enthusiastic, independent Physician Assistant or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner who will provide support to the Pediatric Urology Outpatient Services at M Health Fairview Pediatric Specialty Clinic in Minneapolis, MN and other M Health Fairview sites including Maple Grove, Woodbury, and/or Burnsville.
Physicians and nurse practitioners in pediatric urology offer expertise in a broad range of health concerns, from the most common conditions like bed-wetting and urinary tract infections, to more serious and complex issues including congenital malformations. Our urology team has special expertise in hypospadias, urinary obstruction, urine reflux, renal stone and voiding dysfunction. The team also partners with the only multidisciplinary center in the region that provides comprehensive care for children with disorders of sexual differentiation.
For those conditions that require surgical intervention, our pediatric urology physicians at University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital are leaders in minimally invasive (laparoscopic and endoscopic) surgery. As the first in the Upper Midwest to perform robot-assisted laparoscopic urologic surgery on a child, this team has the most experience in using these techniques.
In This Role, You Will:
- Provide full continuum of urologic care in an outpatient setting at M Health Fairview Pediatric Specialty Clinic in Minneapolis, MN and M Health Fairview Children's Clinic in Maple Grove, MN.
- Conduct new consults, care of chronic conditions, facilitating both pre-operative and postoperative care, and hospital or procedural follow up visits.
- Join a clinic practice with Urologists and an advanced practice provider, as part of the MHealth Fairview Pediatric Urology Team.
- Monday thru Friday, daytime schedule.
- No after hours, weekend or Holiday call responsibility.
- Part-Time 32 hours/week.
We're Looking For a PA or PNP Who Is:
- A graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or formal Pediatric Nurse Practitioner training program.
- Eligible or is certified through NCCPA, ANCC, PNCB or AANP.
- Licensed or eligible to obtain a license through the MN Board of Medical Practice (PAs) or MN APRN license with prescriptive authority through the MN Board of Nursing (PNPs).
- Able to meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
What Could Set You Apart?
- High level of autonomy, assessing and evaluating pediatric urologic patients
- Experience working independently, answering patient and referring physician phone calls.
- PNP practice experience
What We Offer
We're proud to offer competitive salary and a market leading benefits package to support our employees and their families. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some important highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- CME reimbursement, concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.