*** $2,500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates ***
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
This position provides care to patients while adhering to the standards of nursing practice, under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Provides care to patients ranging with the ages of infants to geriatrics.
Reliant Medical Group is seeking a compassion, enthusiastic and professional Registered Nurse to join their Oncology Team in Worcester.
This position is responsible for the effective delivery and management of direct patient care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to the standards of nursing practice. Oversees and directs the care of patients with Hematologic and Oncologic malignancies and non-oncology diagnoses in the outpatient setting. Directs the care of the patient receiving chemotherapy/Biotherapy and supportive treatments in collaboration with the provider and other team members. Recognizes changes in the patient status, symptomatology and changes in diagnostic studies and respond appropriately.
Location: 5 Neponset St, Worcester, MA 01606
Hours: 4 days per week, 32 hours total. No weekends, evenings, or holidays
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care
- Understanding of the care of the cancer patient, principles of chemotherapy/biotherapy, medication classifications, routes of administration and safe handling. Demonstrates critical thinking skills in nursing care across the disease trajectory
- Performs a complete assessment and reassessment on all patients as per policy, including psychosocial, spiritual, emotional and educational needs
- Adequately assess and reassess pain and institute appropriate pain management techniques. Provides ongoing patient and care-giver education regarding pain management
- Prioritize the plan of care as the patient assessment changes using evidence based clinical knowledge
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of antineoplastic therapies and immunotherapies including physical, psychological, and adverse effects
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication administration, rate and timing of delivery, treatment parameters and drug properties, i.e., irritant, vesicant or non-vesicant
- Demonstrates the ability to calculate drug dosage and volume according to patient’s age, height, and weight and body surface area
- Demonstrate proficiency in IV therapy, venous access, and central line use and care
- Follows regulations, policies and guidelines for safe handling, administration and disposal of antineoplastic agents. Provides patient protection and post therapy education
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of simple and complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, such as venipuncture, IV insertion, care and maintenance of vascular access devices and declotting of lines
- Follows the six medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors
- Identifies emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing orders and interventions. Meets patient care needs promptly
- Assesses patient and family learning needs, physical and mental abilities and readiness to learn. Able to adapt teaching methods and addresses barriers as appropriate. Documents the education experience and needs to reinforce on subsequent visits
- Demonstrates competency in telephone triage, including the ability to evaluate and assess patient needs and plan for the appropriate intervention
- Coordinates a discharge plan of care for each patient including education on the treatment plan and schedule and any coordination with community agencies
Quality and Safety:
- Adheres to safety and quality control measures, such as those relating to medication administration and infection control
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives
- Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies
- Utilizes patient care equipment appropriately and safely
- Consistently documents all the aspects of patient care and patient education in the Electronic Medical Record. This ensures appropriate reimbursement for services. Reports pertinent information to the Provider
- Completes all organizational and department specific nursing education and competencies
- Enhances professional growth and development through education programs, seminars etc.
- Attends meetings and conferences, including staff meetings as required and directed
- Performs other similar or related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance will be required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN license in the state of Massachusetts
- Current BLS Certification
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- National Oncology Certification or attained in an agreed upon timeframe
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Certification
- Excellent IV and phlebotomy skills
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
The Organization reserves the right to modify position responsibilities at any time, due to business necessity.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.