Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: R0017419
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
University of Minnesota Physicians seeks a hardworking, independent Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner who will provide support for Urology services.
University of Minnesota Urology providers are national leaders in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases and conditions of the urinary system. Using the latest treatment techniques, University of Minnesota providers deliver both general and specialized urology care for both men and women. Join our practice of more than 20 Urology surgeons and 8 Advanced Practice Providers at the forefront of our specialty as we continue to lead innovative and groundbreaking efforts in urologic care.
- The candidate will be required to perform history and physicals, comprehensive review of systems, detailed chart reviews as well as prescribe medications/therapies, order diagnostic tests, and perform minor therapeutic procedures.
- Practice will be divided between ~ 70% outpatient / 30% inpatient
- The outpatient focus will be general urology, with an emphasis on reconstruction and neurogenic bladder care.
- Hospital responsibilities will be team-based and will include prioritizing new urology consults, providing post-operative care, admissions /discharges and managing an inpatient urology cohort.
- Function at a very high standard of autonomy. Though independent, this candidate will have close MD availability to resource in decision making.
- Practice inpatient at the University of MN Medical Center and outpatient in-person at our Clinics and Surgery Center 909 Fulton Ave, Minneapolis. There is potential for adding a satellite location in the future.
- Work 40 hours per week, the hours varying between 7AM -5PM Monday through Friday and the potential of one Saturday morning per month in the distant future. With appropriate notification, specific hours/days may be adjusted to patient, clinic and support staff needs.
A qualified candidate will be a graduate of an accredited Physician's Assistant program or accredited school of nursing and Nurse Practitioner training program and be board eligible/board certified through NCCPA, or board eligible/board certified through AANP or ANCC.
Candidate must be licensed or ability to acquire PA license through Minnesota Board of Medical Practice, or licensed or ability to acquire Minnesota APRN.
PA and NP candidates must be approved or eligible by the State of Minnesota for prescription writing privileges; ability to acquire and/or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota. Candidates must meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
Clinical experience is ideal.
Skills and Abilities Required: Phenomenal teammate, collaborative, adaptable, and well organized, able to prioritize, and effective communicator, detailed with administrative and clinical documentation, technically proficient.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer competitive salary and a market leading benefits package to support our employees and their families. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some meaningful highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- CME reimbursement, concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
About our Community:
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.